Attempt to get blizzard character data for excel (idea to follow the leveling progress of multiple alts) 🙂
login to blizzard api and get characters of an account (oauthlib)
- create dev account and then app to get client_id and secret (store those to .env file)
Script gives an url to command line, and after putting it to the browser, you get the return uri which is given back to script
- return_uri must be in app settings in blizzard site
- return uri could be e.g. the blizzard-api-proxy deployed to heroku
Script goes through each character of account and gets character data via summary api (blizzardapi)
get interesting data about character level and calculate progress towards next level
- max level data from wow.tools (obtained 30.10.2021)
Store character data to a table, which is then written to “test.csv” csv file.
NB! If google sheet login fails, remove the token.pickle and token_write.pickle. Then there occurs
reauthentication and files get recreated.
test.csv output sample
name,character_class,spec,race,realm,level,experience,levelpros,level%,renown,ilvl,prof1,prof1points,prof2,prof2points Somefancycharactername,Warlock,Destruction,race1,Somerealm,24,24824,0.8902,89.02,0,26,Pandaria Alchemy, 25 Anotherawesomecharacter,Shaman,Restoration,race2,Realmtoo,60,0,0.0000,0.00,80,246,Zandalari Engineering, 35
move to google sheets, char summary should be doable via token authentication, probably would just require listing of chars and realms there… Update btn? lint
- ~~OR when running script, update/create google sheet from the csv above? https://developers.google.com/sheets/api/quickstart/python
- “what has changed” since last run info (new column(s)), background color to sheet?
e.g. exp gone up by X points.
- character Z has gone up Y levels -> BUG: sometimes level difference goes negative(???)
- Is it possible to follow-up currencies, which character has which amount of Champion’s Seals etc.?