When you’re collaborating with others on your spreadsheet, inserting comments can save you a lot of time.
Instead of emailing your comments back and forth or trying to communicate in the cells of the spreadsheet, you can leave a comment.
Insert a comment in Excel 2019 to start a conversation or to give feedback about the content of a cell. Old style comments are still available and are now called notes.
To insert a comment, execute the following steps.
1. Select a cell.
2. Right click, and then click New Comment.
Tip: to insert an old style comment, click New Note.
3. Type your comment and post it.
Excel displays a purple indicator in the upper-right corner of the cell.
4. Hover over the cell to view the comment.
5. To edit a comment, hover over the comment and click Edit.
6. Others can now reply to your comment.
To delete a comment, execute the following steps.
1. Select the cell with the comment.
2. Right click, and then click Delete Comment.
To view all comments in an Excel file, execute the following steps.
1. On the Review tab, in the Comments group, click Show Comments.
Tip: instead of using the Review tab, simply click the Comments button in the upper-right corner of the ribbon.
Excel opens the Comments pane with all comments in this Excel file.
Tip: you can also use the Comments pane to view, edit, reply to, and delete comments.