parsemail – bulk mail sender
To be read pars-ayy-mail. Made for VITMAS. With love <3
- Clone the repo:
git clone [email protected]:sreyan-ghosh/parsemail.git
mailsender.pycontains the code for a Python class
MailDeets.py. Either uncomment the block or paste in another file. Make necessary changes in the import statements.
- Fill in
MailDeetsclass with your details. Click here to get your SMTP password.
- Add the dataset to the
datadirectory and make necessary changes in the
filepathvariable in both the files.
- To the
parser.pyfile, make changes in the line where the
pd.Seriesobject is loaded into the variable
- And you’re done! SMTP allows sending of 85 mails at a go. Slice your list to resume sending mails if you get timed-out. The counter value will help there.
- Contribution is highly appreciated.
- Go ahead and add better methods of sending mails that is not limited to SMTP or mailing limits.
- Add a feature to send attachments as well.
- Add a frontend to enable non-python users to work on this project.
- Go ahead and open an issue if you want to add something else.
- Take note to make a branch in your fork and open a PR for the commits on the branch. master branch PRs will not be accepted
Parseteams (in dev) (Only for VIT)
- To use the
get_mail_from_teams.pyfile, you must have the
WHObot installed in your teams profile.
- The driver function is the
get_emails()function which accepts a list of registration numbers and returns the emails of the provided numbers.
- This utility is still buggy, since the script often runs faster than the page loads yielding repeated emails. Still can be used for bolk mail spamming.
- To be used in conjunction with the
mailsender.pyfile with minor code insertions to feed the list of emails into the