Swedish School Paystub Generator
What it does
This script will take a list of employees along with their pay rate and hours worked from an Excel file and create a paystub in PDF format for each employee.
How it works
Open “sample/Payroll Data Template.xlsx”.
Enter the following for each employee on the Employees sheet:
- Employee ID (a unique number for each employee)
- Status (E for Employee or V for Volunteer)
- Employee Name ( the employee name as it will appear on paystub)
- Wages Planning (wages employee received for planning a class)
- Wages Teaching (wages employee received for teaching a class)
- Wages Other (wages employee received for other services)
- Sessions Planned (number of classes planned that semester)
- Sessions Taught (number of classes taught that semester)
- Sessions Other (number of classes for other services that semester)
Modify the tax status for all the employees on the Deductions sheet (optional)
In a terminal, run:
python ssa.py. This will generate a GUI window where you need to enter the following parameters:
- Pay Period that will be printed on paystub
- Location of Excel file with Employee data
- The location of the folder to write the paystubs
Click Start. The scipt will generate a PDF paystub document for each employee in your list and put the file in the output folder you selected.
When the script is finished, a new window will be generated.
Click OK and Close
Here are examples of the different paystubs generated, one for employees and one for volunteers.
- Make sure to enter a value for all fields in the Excel file, even if it is zero.
- Check that you have saved your changes to the Excel file before running the script.
- Check that you are in the correct directory to run the script.